Friday, February 11, 2011

48 Hour Shootout Winners!


We only won amongst sophomore and freshmen division.  Some amazing stuff came out of that competition... I've attached some of my absolute favorites.  I was extremely amazed with some of the films these people cranked out in 2 days.  However, we also won the Audience Choice Award.  Also, after the screening, Justin Kohn, the man who animated various famous scenes from Nightmare Before Christmas, Ants, and Coraline, came up to our main crew (he was a judge) and talked to us about how he fought for us to win overall best film.  He talked to us for a good ten minutes about our film, film in general, animation, his career, and the media business.  He said "if this is what you guys are doing now, I don't know what to tell you about where you'll be in five years."  I'm surprised he talked to us over some of these films though....

My absolute favorite... so beautifully done in so many ways... I thought for sure this was going to win.

This made me crack up.  Absolutely hilarious and also very well done.  (Note their genre.. very clever)

Also made me laugh a lot.  Very well filmed once again.  I lost it at the shot at 2:34.  Smoothest jib I've seen here yet, and the dialogue is hilarious.  This one's quality surprised me.


and finally...
Don't understand how it got audience choice over some of these...


Our genre:
Soap Opera
Prop:
Lamp
Line:
I need you to back me up on this.

I edited, DIT-ed, designed graphics, as well as was the Camera Grip (assistant camera) to: Greg Mezey the director of photography.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I just watched your group's entry - very impressive!

    ReplyDelete